WIP: Citipati osmolskae

It's been a steep learning curve, but my relief sculpt of Citipati osmolskae in Blender 3D is very nearly finished!



I still need to sculpt some finer details into the integument of the subject itself, but my poor little laptop is already struggling with the high poly count generated by the textured backdrop! However, I'm quietly confident that I can squeeze enough performance out of it to complete the sculpt on the main body then combine the two separate objects into one mesh, ready for printing.

This little guy is just the first in a series of six designs that I'm planning to produce, and these ultimately will be made commercially available as a complete set. To keep things interesting, I'm deliberately only going to be concentrating on lesser-known species, so there's still plenty to look forward to...

Comments

Popular Posts