Preparatory sketches - scale

copyright A V S Turner 2016
Anasazisaurus, Bistahieversor & Dinosuchus, with a human figure for scale. This scale reference is the first step in my newest life restoration project, set in mid-cretaceous New Mexico. I love this stage of a painting: really getting my head around the scale, presence and even personality of subjects and cementing an image in my head of how I want them to look. Since this image will include three subjects in close proximity, I am keen to work out now how they all occupy 3D space together.

Since Anasazisaurus is known only from partial skull fragments, I have used it's close relative Kritosaurus as an additional reference.

My next step will be to work out the immediate landscape and environment. Stay tuned for more over the coming weeks!

Comments

Popular Posts